Thinking Girls Guide to Drinking
This product is currently sold out.
The Thinking Girl’s Guide to Drinking is all about showing you how you can, and should, enjoy drinking healthfully. Author Ariane Resnick wants to wipe away the notion that drinking healthfully has to mean downing glasses of green smoothies and juices and otherwise starving yourself. Sure, detox drinks have a time and a place, but there’s no need to suffer and live without the things you love. The key to drinking cocktails when you’re trying to be mindful is drinking in moderation and using wholefoods and high-quality ingredients that both taste delicious and have health value and nutritional benefits. Some of the healing ingredients include:
- Lemons and limes: nutritional powerhouses of liver detoxification that lower the cholesterol and also happen to pair well with nearly any alcohol;
- Kombucha: the sparkling probiotic beverage that provides good bacteria for your gut and comes in a million mixable flavors;
- Fresh ginger: a powerful anti-inflammatory that is great for reducing nausea and lowering blood sugar;
- Coconut cream: to help our brains and our metabolisms;
- Herbs and spices: include antibacterial and antiviral properties and are high in B-vitamins;
- Green juices: full of extra vitamins and nutrients;
- Mint: known for its calming effects on the digestive and nervous systems and keeping tummies content;
- Kava: a medically-proven anxiety-relieving root that’s known for its calming, relaxing, therapeutic effects, and other restorative properties.